Translation of rango in English:
- 1 (fila)rank (Militare)fare disporre i soldati su due -ghito draw up soldiers in two rankssilenzio nei -ghi!silence in the ranks!i -ghi di un esercitothe rank and file, the ranksserrare i -ghito close ranks [figurato]rientrare nei -ghi [figurato]to fall into line, to toe the lineuscire dai -ghito break ranks[figurato]to break ranks, to step out of line
- 2 (classe) rango inferiore, subalternolower rankdi alto, basso rangoof high, low rankun funzionario di alto rango una donna di alto rangoa woman of high social standing
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com