Translation of rovina in English:
- 2 (stato di distruzione)(di edificio) ruin(di area) decayessere in rovinato be in ruins, to be in a state of ruinandare, cadere in rovinato fall into ruin
- 3 (di persona, azienda, paese, reputazione) causare la rovina di qualcuno, qualcosato ruin somebody, something, to lead to somebody's ruin, to lead to the ruin of somethingessere la rovina di qualcunoto be the ruin of somebodyessere sull'orlo della rovinato be on the brink of financial ruincorrere verso la propria rovinato be heading for financial ruinle donne saranno la sua rovinawomen will be the ruin of himil bere fu la causa della sua rovinadrink proved to be his downfall
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com