- 1 (resistente)(muro, appoggio)non è saldo sulle gambe
solid, sturdyhe's not very steady on his feettienti saldo!hold on tight!avere nervi -ito have steady nervesmantenere i nervi -ito keep one's nerve, to steady one's nerves
- 1 (Finance, Business) (differenza) c'è un saldo di 1.000 euro a tuo creditothere is a balance of 1,000 euros in your favourfare il saldo di un contoto settle an account
- 2 (ammontare dovuto) versare il saldoto pay the balancericevuta a saldo del contoreceived in full and final paymentora si richiede di pagare a saldo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com