Translation of schema in English:
- 1 (disegno)diagram, schema (anche figurative)procedere secondo uno schema precisoto proceed according to a set planrientrare in uno schemato enter into a plan
- 2(abbozzo, progetto) draft, outline(di motore, macchina) layout(di saggio, libro, discorso) planfate uno schema prima di iniziare a scriveremake a plan o an outline before you start to write
- 3 (modello rigido) essere fuori dagli -i (persona, libro, film)to be a mould-breakerrompere gli -ito break the mouldseguire uno schema fissoto follow a set pattern
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com