Translation of schiena in English:
- 1 avere la schiena drittato have a straight backmal di schiena dormire sulla schienato sleep on one's backessere disteso sulla schienato be flat on one's backgirarsi sulla schienato roll over on one's backcon la schiena rivolta verso la portawith his back to the dooressere girato di schienato face backwardsschiena contro schiena cadere sulla schienato fall o land on one's backinarcare la schiena (persona, gatto)to arch one's backfar correre un brivido lungo la schiena di qualcunoto send shivers up and down somebody's spinepugnalare qualcuno alla schienato stab somebody in the back, to backstab somebody (anche figurative)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com