Translation of schierare in English:
- 1 (disporre in schiera)to array, to deploy, to dispose, to marshal, to range (carri armati, truppe)to line up (giocatori, squadra, formazione)schierare qualcuno in difesato put somebody in defence
also: schierarsi verbo pronominale
- 3 (mettersi in fila)to line upla polizia si schierò lungo la stradathe police lined up along the road
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com