Translation of soglia in English:
- 1doorstep, threshold [figurato]soglia (della porta) rimanere sulla sogliato stand in the doorwayvarcare la sogliato cross the threshold (di of)
- 2 (limite)threshold (di of)raggiungere una sogliato reach a thresholdpassare o superare la soglia del 13%to go over the 13% mark
- 3(vigilia) threshold, verge(principio) thresholdessere alla soglia dei trent'annito be nearing thirtypassare la soglia della cinquantinato be over fifty years old, to be in one's fiftiesalle -e dion the threshold of (scoperta, nuova era)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com