Translation of spargere in English:
- 1 (spandere)to scatter (semi)to spread (sabbia, terra)to strew (fiori, paglia)spargere della ghiaia lungo un vialeto gravel a path, to spread a path with gravelspargere il sale su una stradato put salt on a road, to salt a roadspargere le proprie cose per tutta la casato scatter one's things all around the house
- 4 (diffondere)to spread (calunnie)spargere la voceto spread the news
also: spargersi verbo pronominale
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com