Translation of spavento in English:
- 1 (paura)fear uncountabledread uncountableessere paralizzato dallo spaventoto be paralyzed o stricken with frightgridare per lo spaventoto scream with terrorfare un salto per lo spaventoto jump out of one's skinfare prendere uno spavento a qualcunoto give somebody a frightprendersi uno spaventoto have o get a fright o scaremi ha fatto prendere un tale spavento che spavento!how frightful, how scary!sei conciato da fare spaventoyou look a sight dressed like that
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com