Translation of spia in English:
- 1 (agente segreto) una rete di -ea spy ringessere una spia di qualcunoto work as a spy o to spy for somebody
- 2 (informatore)spy, infiltrator, nark (British English) , rat (American English) , spook (American English)(a scuola)fare la spia
tattletale, telltale, snitchto blab, to stool, to rat [informale]
, to nark (British English)(a scuola)fa sempre la spia!
to tell on, to sneak (British English) [informale]
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com