Translation of tetto in English:
- 1 (di casa, auto) da qui si vedono i -i di Parigifrom here you can see the rooftops of Pariscopertura del tetto tetto in lamierasheet-metal rooftetto spioventepitched o sloping roofrifare il tetto ato reroof (edificio)
- 2 [figurative] (casa)vivere sotto lo stesso tettoto live under one o the same roofavere un tetto sopra la testato have a roof over one's headritrovarsi senza un tetto sopra la testato find oneself without a roof over one's headsenza tetto
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com