Translation of tubo in English:
- 1 (conduttura) tubo di gommahose, hosepipe (British English)tubo del gasgas pipetubo da stufa chiave a tubosocket wrench, box spanner (British English)
- 3 [informal] (niente)non fare un tubo tutto il giornonot to do a stroke of work all daynon capire un tuboto understand damn allnon sapere un tuboto know diddly (squat) (American English)non ne so un tuboI know sweet FA o Fanny Adams about it, I don't know a bean o beans about itnon me ne importa un tuboI don't give o care a damn o rap o darnnon vale un tuboit's not worth a bean o damnnon si vede un tubo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com