Translation of umore in English:
- 1 [arcaico] (Medicina)humour (British English) , humor (American English)
- 2 [figurato] (stato d'animo)mood, spirits plurale , temper, humour (British English) , humor (American English)essere di buon umoreto be good-humoured, to be in good humour o spirits, to be in a good mood o temperessere di cattivo umoreto be cross, to be out of humour, to be in poor spirits, to be in a (bad) mood o temper, to have the sulksè di pessimo umorehe's in a filthy o foul humourè d'umore neroshe's in one of her dark moodsumore incostante o mutevole avere degli sbalzi d'umoreto be moodyessere dell'umore adatto per qualcosa, per fareto be in the right frame of mind for something, to donon sono dell'umore adatto per discutereI'm in no mood for arguingnon sono dell'umore adatto per festeggiareI am not in a party mood
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com