Translation of velo in English:
- 1 (drappo) velo da lutto, da sposa coprire qualcosa con un veloto cover something with a veil, to veil somethingvelo islamico non portare il veloto go unveiledprendere il velo (farsi suora)to take the veil
- 3 (strato sottile) un velo di zuccheroa coating o dusting of sugarla nebbia stendeva un velo sul paesaggiothere was a veil of fog over the landscapeguardare qualcuno attraverso un velo di lacrimeto look at somebody through a film o mist of tears
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com