Translation of vertice in English:
- 1 (punto più alto)(di montagna) peak, summit[figurative] (di carriera) summitarrivare, essere al vertice della propria carriera essere al vertice del successo, della popolaritàto be at the height of one's success, popularity
- 2 (di gerarchia, organizzazione) arrivare al vertice del partitoto become leader of the partyquesta decisione viene dal verticethis decision comes from the top
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com