Translation of zampa in English:
- 1 (di animale)(arto)(parte inferiore dell'arto) zampa anteriore zampa posterioredammi la zampa!hind leg, hind footil cane ha alzato la zampa amico a quattro -e pantalone a zampa d'elefante(give me your) paw!
- 2 [informale] [scherzoso] (di persona)(mano)(piede)camminare, mettersi a quattro -e(bambino, adulto, neonato)giù le -e! [scherzoso]get your paws off! keep your hands to yourself!
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Grammar and usage help for Italian:
- Italian Grammar Notes for Italian speakers translating into English 21: MIO - USO DEL POSSESSIVO
- Italian Grammar Notes for English speakers translating into Italian 10: HER
- Italian Grammar Notes for English speakers translating into Italian 11: HIS
- Italian Grammar Notes for English speakers translating into Italian 12: IN
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com