Translation of aclarar in English:
- 2 2.1(duda/problema)intentaré aclarárselome aclaró varias dudas que teníaI'll try to clarify it for youI'll try to explain it to youno pudo aclararme nada sobre el temashe clarified several points I wasn't sure ofshe cleared up several queries I hadquiero aclarar que yo no sabía nada sobre el asuntoshe couldn't throw any light on the subject2.2I want to make it clear that I didn't know anything about the matter(Chile) (persona) [familiar]to tell … straighttell … a few home truths[familiar]
also: aclararse verbo pronominal
- 1.1(pelo)se aclaraba el pelo1.2aclararse la vozshe lightened her hair1.3 (España) [familiar] (persona) explícamelo otra vez, sigo sin aclararmeto clear one's throatcomparemos las listas, a ver si nos aclaramosexplain it to me again, I still haven't got it straight o I still don't understandno me aclaro con esta máquinalet's compare the lists and see if we can sort things out o get things straightlleva una borrachera que no se aclaraI can't work out how to use this machineI can't get the hang of this machine[familiar]tengo un sueño que no me aclarohe's so drunk he doesn't know what's going onunos días de descanso para aclararme las ideasI'm so tired I can't think straighta few days' rest to get my ideas straight
- El silencio de los asiáticos no ayuda a aclarar el problema.
- Cuando el humo se aclara, una entidad malvada se eleva hacia la noche.
- El Presidente aclaró que “son ambulancias con tecnología de punta y totalmente equipadas.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.