Translation of asustar in English:
- ¡me asustaste!me asustó cuando se puso tan serioyou startled o frightened me!you gave me a fright!nada lo asustahe gave me a fright when he went all seriouslo asustó con tanto hablar de casamientohe's not frightened o scared by anythingnothing frightens o scares himshe frightened o scared him off with all her talk of marriage
also: asustarse verbo pronominal
- me asusté cuando llegué a casa y no estaba allíto get frightenedno se asuste, no es nada graveI got a fright o I got worried when I arrived home and he wasn't there¡no te asustes! soy yothere's no need to worry o to be alarmed o frightened, it's nothing seriousse asustó con lo que le dijo el médico y dejó de fumardon't be frightened o it's all right, it's only mewhat the doctor said frightened him o he got scared o frightened about what the doctor said and he stopped smoking
- Podría a la larga inhibir o asustar a muchas personas.
- Adquirimos mayor seguridad y eso puede asustar a muchas personas.
- Si no ya me voy a empezar a asustar.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.