- 1.1 [reloj] to put back hay que atrasar los relojes una hora we have to put the clocks back one hour 1.2 [reunión/fecha/viaje] to postpone, put back han atrasado la salida the departure has been delayed problemas financieros han atrasado la conclusión de las obras the completion of the work has been held up by financial problems
atrasarse v pron
- 1 [reloj] to lose time este reloj se atrasa this watch loses time el reloj se me atrasa un minuto cada hora my watch loses one minute every hour
- 2 (en los estudios, el trabajo) to fall behind, get behind se atrasaron en el pago del alquiler they fell behind o got into arrears with the rent
- 3 [país/industria] to fall behind durante este período el país se atrasó en ciencia y tecnología during this period the country fell behind o lost ground in the area of science and technology nos estamos atrasando respecto a nuestros vecinos we are falling behind our neighbors
- 4 (esp AmL) (llegar tarde) [avión/tren] to be late, be delayed; [persona] to be late me atrasé porque había mucho tráfico I was delayed o held up by the traffic
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Sanfermines (The festival of San Fermín) is from 6th-14th July and el encierro (the 'running of the bulls'), takes place in Pamplona in northern Spain. The animals are released into the barricaded streets and people run in front of them, in honor of the town´s patron saint, San Fermín, who was put to death by being dragged by bulls.