- 1 1.1 [agua/leche/comida] to heat, heat up; [sartén/plancha] to heat; [habitación] to heat calentar al rojo to make … red-hot 1.2 [Dep] calentar los músculos to warm up, limber up 1.3 [motor/coche] to warm up
- 3 [vulgar] (excitar sexualmente) to turn … on [colloquial/familiar], to get … going [colloquial/familiar]
- 4 (AmL) [familiar/colloquial], (enfadar) to make … mad [colloquial/familiar] lo que me calienta es … what really makes me mad o gets up my nose is … [colloquial/familiar]
calentarse v pron
- 1 1.1 [horno/plancha] to heat up; [habitación] to warm up, get warm 1.2 [motor/coche] (al arrancar) to warm up; (en exceso) to overheat
- 3 [debate] to become heated los ánimos se calentaron things became heated, tempers flared o started to run high el juego se calentó the game got violent o rough
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Onda Cero is a radio network broadcasting on AM and FM. It is owned by Telefónica, Spain's most important telecommunications group.