- 1 1.1 [agua/leche/comida] to heat, heat up; [sartén/plancha] to heat; [habitación] to heat calentar al rojo to make … red-hot 1.2 [Dep] calentar los músculos to warm up, limber up 1.3 [motor/coche] to warm up
- 3 [vulgar] (excitar sexualmente) to turn … on [colloquial/familiar], to get … going [colloquial/familiar]
- 4 (AmL) [familiar/colloquial], (enfadar) to make … mad [colloquial/familiar] lo que me calienta es … what really makes me mad o gets up my nose is … [colloquial/familiar]
calentarse v pron
- 1 1.1 [horno/plancha] to heat up; [habitación] to warm up, get warm 1.2 [motor/coche] (al arrancar) to warm up; (en exceso) to overheat
- 3 [debate] to become heated los ánimos se calentaron things became heated, tempers flared o started to run high el juego se calentó the game got violent o rough
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Sanfermines (The festival of San Fermín) is from 6th-14th July and the festival of el encierro (the 'running of the bulls'), takes place in Pamplona in northern Spain. The animals are released into the barricaded streets and people run in front of them, in honor of the town´s patron saint, San Fermín, who was put to death by being dragged by bulls.