Translation of declarar in English:
- 1 1.1 (manifestar) declaró abiertamente su simpatía por el régimendeclaró que no convocaría elecciones anticipadashe openly declared his sympathy with the régime1.2 (proclamar) declarar la guerra/el cese de las hostilidadeshe announced that he would not call early electionsdeclararon la comarca zona catastróficato declare war/a ceasefireel presidente declaró abierta la sesiónthe region was declared a disaster arealo declararon apto para el servicio militarthe chairman pronounced o declared the session openyo os declaro marido y mujer el jurado lo declaró culpablehe was declared o passed fit for military servicethe jury found him guilty
also: declararse verbo pronominal
- 1 1.1 (manifestarse)se declaró partidaria del divorcioto declare oneselfse declaró culpableshe declared herself (to be) in favor of divorceshe declared o stated that she was in favor of divorcedeclararse en quiebra or bancarrotahe pleaded guiltydeclararse en huelgato declare oneself bankrupt1.2 (confesar amor) (+ me/te/le etc) se le declaróto go on strikehe declared his love to herhe told her he loved her
- Nadie podrá ser obligado a declarar sobre las mismas.
- Ese día no declaró a la prensa.
- Basándose en este argumento, se declaró improcedente la demanda.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.