Translation of defecto in English:
- 1 1.1 (en un sistema) este material tiene un pequeño defectoa todo le encuentra defectosthere's a slight flaw o defect in this materialel plan tiene muchos defectosshe finds fault with everythingun defecto en el sistema de frenosthe plan has a lot of defects o a lot of things wrong with it1.2 (de una persona) es un defecto suyoa fault o defect in the braking systemtiene el defecto de nunca escuchar lo que se le diceit's one of her faultsme quiere a pesar de mis defectosshe has the bad habit of never listening to what people say to herpecar por defecto, pecaron por defecto en las previsioneshe loves me in spite of my faultsantes preparaba demasiada comida y ahora peca por defectothey were too conservative in their estimatesshe always used to make too much food but now she's gone to the other extreme o too far the other way
- 2 [formal]en su defecto, limpiar con desinfectante o, en su defecto, con agua limpiael director o, en su defecto, su secretariaclean with disinfectant, or, failing that, use clean waterthe director or, in his absence o if he is not available, his secretary
- Un chico debe aceptarte con tus defectos y virtudes.
- Si no se especifica, su valor por defecto es false.
- En esa perspectiva, el proyecto puede tener muchos defectos.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.