Translation of descargar in English:
verbo transitivo/transitive verb
- 2 2.1 [pistola] (extraer las balas) to unload; (disparar) to fire, discharge [formal] la pistola está descargada the pistol is not loaded descargó la pistola contra el ladrón he fired the gun at the thief 2.2 [tiro] to fire; [golpe] to deal, land le descargó seis tiros he shot at her six times, he fired six shots at her
- 3 3.1 [ira/agresividad] to vent; [preocupaciones/tensiones] to relieve un excelente ejercicio para descargar las tensiones an excellent exercise for relieving tension el judo es una forma de descargar la agresividad judo is a way of getting rid of aggression o/or [familiar/colloquial] letting off steam descargó toda su furia en or contra or sobre mí he vented all his anger on me, he took all his anger out on me, he unleashed all his anger against me 3.2 (Venezuela) [familiar/colloquial] [persona] me lo voy a descargar I'm going to give him a piece of my mind o/or (inglés norteamericano/American English) give him a tongue lashing [familiar/colloquial] no eres quien para que me descargues who do you think you are, sounding off o/or (inglés norteamericano/American English) mouthing off to me like that? [familiar/colloquial]
- 4descargar a algn
dealgo [de una responsabilidad] to clear sb ofsth [de una obligación] to relieve sb ofsth lo descargaron de toda culpa he was cleared of all blame
- 5 [Informática/Computing] to download descargar una aplicación al or en el computador (América Latina/Latin America) or (España/Spain) ordenador personal to download an application to the personal computer
verbo intransitivo/intransitive verb
verbo impersonal/impersonal verb
verbo pronominal/pronominal verb (descargarse)
- 1 [Electricidad/Electricity] [pila] to run down; [batería] to go dead o/or (inglés británico/British English) flat
- 2 [tormenta] to break; [lluvias] to come down, fall se descargó una tormenta sobre la ciudad a storm broke over o/or hit the city
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas