Translation of descomponer in English:
verbo transitivo/transitive verb
- 3 (especialmente América Latina/especially Latin America) 3.1 [máquina/aparato] to break 3.2 [peinado/juego] to mess up
- 4 [persona] 4.1 (producir malestar) ese olor penetrante me descompone that strong smell makes me feel queasy o/or nauseous la noticia del accidente la descompuso she felt quite ill when she heard about the accident 4.2 (producir diarrea) to give … diarrhea (inglés norteamericano/American English) o/or (inglés británico/British English) diarrhoea
verbo pronominal/pronominal verb (descomponerse)
- 3 [cara] (+ me/te/le etc) se le descompuso la cara cuando se lo dije he looked really upset o/or his face dropped a mile when I told him
- 5 [persona] 5.1 (sentir malestar) hacía tanto calor que se descompuso it was so hot that he started feeling sick o/or queasy se descompuso cuando supo la noticia he felt quite ill when he heard the news 5.2 (del estómago) to have an attack of diarrhea (inglés norteamericano/American English) o/or (inglés británico/British English) diarrhoea
- 6 (Cono Sur/Southern Cone) [tiempo] to become unsettled, change for the worse; [día] to cloud over amaneció un día precioso, pero más tarde se descompuso it started out as a lovely day, but it clouded over later
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A patera is a boat with a shallow draft, used by illegal immigrants, known as balseros, to cross the Straits of Gibraltar from Morocco to southern Spain.