- 1 (llevar) [carta/paquete] to deliver; [mercancías] to deliver entregamos los pedidos en el día we offer same-day delivery entregó las invitaciones en mano she gave the invitations out o distributed the invitations by hand
- 2 2.1 (dar) to give me entregó 5.000 pesos a cuenta he gave me 5,000 pesos on account se negó a entregármelo she refused to hand it over to me me amenazó y le entregué el dinero que llevaba encima he threatened me so I gave him o handed over all the money I had on me el secretario le entregó un cheque por $50.000 the secretary gave him o handed over o presented him with a check for $50,000 me entregó un cuestionario she gave me o handed me a questionnaire hoy nos entregan las llaves de la casa they're handing over the keys of the house today, we get the keys to the house today Alberto Ruiz, para entregar a José Lerga José Lerga, c/o Alberto Ruiz entregó su alma a Dios [eufemismo/euphemism] he passed away [euphemism/eufemismo], he gave up o delivered up his soul to God [euphemism/eufemismo] entregarlas (Chi) [familiar/colloquial] to kick the bucket [colloquial/familiar], to croak [slang/argot] 2.2 [premio/trofeo] to present el alcalde le entregó las llaves de la ciudad the mayor presented him with the keys to the city hoy nos entregan los certificados we receive o get our certificates today
- 3 [trabajo/deberes] to hand in, give in (esp BrE) ; [solicitud/impreso] to hand in, submit [formal] el proyecto será entregado al Congreso para su discusión the bill is to be put before o submitted to Congress for discussion
- 4 4.1 [ciudad/armas] to surrender; [poder] to hand over han entregado el país a las empresas extranjeras they have handed the country over to foreign companies 4.2 (dedicar) to devote entregó su vida a Dios/a los pobres she gave o devoted o dedicated her life to God/to the poor
entregarse v pron
- 2 2.1 (rendirse) to surrender, give oneself up; (a un vicio) to succumb, give in no creo que vaya a pasar de hoy, se ha entregado I don't think she'll last another day, she's given up entregarse
aalgo to give oneself over tosth se entregó a la bebida he gave himself over to drink, he took to drink rendido, me entregué al sueño [literary/literario] exhausted, I succumbed to sleep [literary/literario] 2.2 (sexualmente) entregarse aalgn to give oneself tosb
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Onda Cero is a radio network broadcasting on AM and FM. It is owned by Telefónica, Spain's most important telecommunications group.