- 1 1.1 [Náut] [amarras/cabo] to let out, pay out 1.2 (RPl) (soltar, dejar caer) to let … go ve largando el peso de a poco let it down slowly
- 2 2.1 (esp CS) [familiar/colloquial], [discurso/sermón] to give; [palabrota/insulto] to let fly de repente le largó que se iba mañana he suddenly came out with the news that he was leaving the next day no me largó ni un peso he didn't give me a penny largá la plata (RPl) [familiar/colloquial] hand over the dough [colloquial/familiar] 2.2 (RPl) [olor] to give off
- 3 [familiar/colloquial] (encajar) to dump [colloquial/familiar], to unload [colloquial/familiar] siempre le larga los niños a la madre she's always dumping the kids on her mother
- 4 [familiar/colloquial] (despedir) to fire, to give … the boot [colloquial/familiar], to sack (BrE) la novia lo largó (RPl) his girlfriend ditched him o dumped him o gave him the boot [colloquial/familiar]
largarse v pron
- 1.1 [familiar/colloquial] (irse) to beat it [colloquial/familiar], to clear off [colloquial/familiar] ¡lárgate! beat it!, clear off! larguémonos antes de que venga la policía let's get out of here before the police arrive esto se pone feo, yo me largo I don't like the look of this, I'm taking off (AmE) o (BrE) I'm off [colloquial/familiar] 1.2 (RPl) (saltar) to jump se largó a la pileta de cabeza she dived (headfirst) into the pool 1.3largarse un pedo (RPl) [familiar/colloquial] to blow off [colloquial/familiar], to let off [colloquial/familiar], to fart [slang/argot] 1.4 (CS) [familiar/colloquial], (empezar) to start, get going [colloquial/familiar] está a punto de hablar, cualquier día se larga she's almost talking, she'll start any day now largarse
a+ infto start to + inf, to start -ingse largó a llover it started to rain, it started raining ya se largó a caminar he has already started to walk o started walking
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Onda Cero is a radio network broadcasting on AM and FM. It is owned by Telefónica, Spain's most important telecommunications group.