Translation of letra in English:
- 1 1.1 (Imprenta, Lingüística) aprender/saber las primeras letrasla letra con sangre entrato learn/know how to read and write1.2 (caligrafía) escríbelo con buena letraspare the rod, spoil the childtienes una letra muy clarawrite it neatlyno entiendo tu letrayour writing o handwriting is very cleardespacito y buena letraI can't read your writing o handwriting1.3slowly and carefullyalso: letras femenino plural(carta breve) See examples: solo cuatro or unas letras para decirte que …just a note o just a few lines to let you know that …
- 2 (sentido) See examples: la letra de la ley ateniéndonos a la letra, el texto dice que …if we read it absolutely literally, the text appears to say that …
- No hay que tomarsela al pie de la letra.
- Con letras de oro, ora et labora.
- Autora de la letra al himno de la Virgen de Chiquinquirá.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.