Translation of manejar in English:
verbo transitivo/transitive verb
- 1 (usar) [herramienta/arma] to use; [máquina] to use, operate; [diccionario] to use; [explosivos] to handle manejan conceptos que me resultan incomprensibles they use concepts that I find incomprehensible
- 2 (dirigir, llevar) [negocio/empresa] to manage; [asuntos] to manage, handle no sabe manejar el dinero he doesn't know how to handle money
- 3 (manipular) [persona] to manipulate estos periódicos manejan la información a su antojo these newspapers manipulate information just as they please
verbo intransitivo/intransitive verb
verbo pronominal/pronominal verb (manejarse)
- 1 (desenvolverse) to get by, manage se maneja muy bien con el inglés he gets by very well in English estuvo viajando solo por Europa y se manejó muy bien he was traveling around Europe on his own and he managed very well
- 2 (Colombia) (comportarse) to behave ¿cómo se manejaron los niños? how did the children behave? manéjese bien behave yourself
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to