Translation of manejar in English:
verbo transitivo/transitive verb
- 1 (usar) [herramienta/arma] to use; [máquina] to use, operate; [diccionario] to use; [explosivos] to handle manejan conceptos que me resultan incomprensibles they use concepts that I find incomprehensible
- 2 (dirigir, llevar) [negocio/empresa] to manage; [asuntos] to manage, handle no sabe manejar el dinero he doesn't know how to handle money
- 3 (manipular) [persona] to manipulate estos periódicos manejan la información a su antojo these newspapers manipulate information just as they please
verbo intransitivo/intransitive verb
verbo pronominal/pronominal verb (manejarse)
- 1 (desenvolverse) to get by, manage se maneja muy bien con el inglés he gets by very well in English estuvo viajando solo por Europa y se manejó muy bien he was traveling around Europe on his own and he managed very well
- 2 (Colombia) (comportarse) to behave ¿cómo se manejaron los niños? how did the children behave? manéjese bien behave yourself
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Primaria is the name given in Spain to the first of the two compulsory levels of education. It is for pupils between six and twelve years of age and leads to the