Translation of menguar in English:
- 1 [formal](río)los embalses vieron menguar sensiblemente su contenidodrop in levelpasaban los días y el calor no menguabathe water level in the reservoirs dropped considerablylas reservas iban menguando rápidamentethe days passed and the hot weather continued unabated o there was no letup in the hot weatheren los últimos tiempos, su papel predominante se ha visto menguadothe reserves were diminishing rapidlythe importance of his role has been diminished of late
- 1 [formal](responsabilidad)el escándalo no menguó su popularidadel incidente menguó su reputación como pediatrathe scandal did not detract from o diminish his popularityno había factores que menguaran su responsabilidad en el asuntothe incident damaged his reputation as a pediatricianthere were no factors which might diminish his responsibility in the matter
- El cambio ha hecho menguar el negocio de los túneles.
- Sin embargo, las inversiones menguaron a medida que esas preocupaciones decayeron.
- Y si deseamos que mengüe de alguna manera este resentimiento tenemos que reconocerlo y comprenderlo.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.