Translation of pescar in English:
- 1(trucha/corvina)no pescamos nadafuimos a pescar trucha(s)we didn't catch anythingwe went trout-fishingwe went fishing for trout
- 2 [familiar] 2.1(catarro/gripe)pescarás una pulmonía como salgas con esta lluvia¡qué borrachera pescó!you'll catch your death if you go out in this rain[familiar]2.2he got really drunk!(marido) [familiar]2.3(chiste/broma) [familiar]no pescas ni unano pescó la indrectayou're so slow on the uptakepescarla(s) [familiar], creo que no la(s) pescaste, pero se refería a tishe didn't take the hintse lo he explicado varias veces pero no la(s) pescaI don't think you realized, but he was talking about you2.4 (pillar, sorprender) lo pescaron robandoI've explained to him several times but he doesn't get it[familiar]por fin te pesqué, llevo toda la mañana buscándotethey caught him red-handed (as he was stealing something)la pesqué en una mentiraI've caught you at last, I've been looking for you all morningla noticia me pescó de sorpresaI caught her out lyingme pescó la lluvia al salir del teatrothe news took me by surpriseI got caught in the rain as I came out of the theater
also: pescarse verbo pronominal
- Este año se detectaron varias embarcaciones pescando en zonas protegidas, violando todas las normas vigentes.
- Me encantan las mujeres, pero nadie me pesca.
- Cuando descubrí la pesca con mosca volví a aprender a pescar.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.