- 1 1.1 (mostrar) to present un producto bien presentado a well-presented product 1.2 (exponer por primera vez) [libro/disco] to launch presentó sus nuevos cuadros she presented her new paintings presentará su colección de otoño en Londres he will present o exhibit his autumn collection in London el nuevo XS34 se presentará al público en el salón de Turín the new XS34 will be on display (to the public) for the first time at the Turin show 1.3 (entregar) [informe/solicitud] to submit le presenté el pasaporte para que me lo sellara I gave him my passport for stamping, I presented my passport to him for stamping tengo que presentar los planes mañana I have to submit o present the plans tomorrow 1.4 (enseñar) to show hay que presentar el carné para entrar you have to show your membership card to get in 1.5 [disculpas/excusas] to make fui a presentar mis respetos I went to pay my respects presentó su dimisión she handed in o submitted her resignation, she resigned pienso presentar una queja I intend filing o making a complaint presentaron una denuncia they reported the matter (to the police), they made an official complaint presentar pruebas to present evidence presentar cargos to bring charges presentar una demanda to bring a lawsuit 1.6 [Mil] presentar armas to present arms
- 3 [persona] to introduce el director presentó al conferenciante the director introduced the speaker me presentó a su familia he introduced me to his family te presento a mi hermana I'd like you to meet my sister/this is my sister
- 4 (mostrar, ofrecer) el nuevo modelo presenta algunas novedades the latest model has o offers some new features presenta muchas ventajas para el consumidor it offers the consumer many advantages el paciente no presentaba síntomas de intoxicación the patient showed no signs of food poisoning el cadáver presenta un impacto de bala en el costado [formal] there is a bullet wound in the side of the body, the body has a bullet wound in the side
presentarse v pron
- 1 1.1 (en un lugar) to turn up, appear se presentó en casa sin avisar he turned up o showed up o appeared at the house unexpectedly se presentó (como) voluntario he volunteered se presentó voluntariamente a la policía he turned himself in to the police tendrá que presentarse ante el juez he will have to appear before the judge 1.2 (a un concurso, examen) se presentó al examen she took o (BrE) sat the exam me presenté al concurso I entered the competition se presenta como candidato independiente he's an independent candidate, he's running as an independent (AmE) he's standing as an independent (BrE) se presentó para el cargo de director he applied for the post of director
- 2 [dificultad/problema] to arise, come up, crop up [colloquial/familiar] estaré allí salvo que se presente algún impedimento I'll be there unless something crops up o comes up si se me presenta la oportunidad if I get the opportunity, if the opportunity arises el futuro se presenta prometedor the future looks promising el asunto se presenta muy mal things are looking very bad
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Sanfermines (The festival of San Fermín) is from 6th-14th July and el encierro (the 'running of the bulls'), takes place in Pamplona in northern Spain. The animals are released into the barricaded streets and people run in front of them, in honor of the town´s patron saint, San Fermín, who was put to death by being dragged by bulls.