- 1 1.1 (mostrar) to present un producto bien presentado a well-presented product 1.2 (exponer por primera vez) [libro/disco] to launch presentó sus nuevos cuadros she presented her new paintings presentará su colección de otoño en Londres he will present o/or exhibit his autumn collection in London el nuevo XS34 se presentará al público en el salón de Turín the new XS34 will be on display (to the public) for the first time at the Turin show 1.3 (entregar) [informe/solicitud] to submit le presenté el pasaporte para que me lo sellara I gave him my passport for stamping, I presented my passport to him for stamping tengo que presentar los planes mañana I have to submit o/or present the plans tomorrow 1.4 (enseñar) to show hay que presentar el carné para entrar you have to show your membership card to get in 1.5 [disculpas/excusas] to make fui a presentar mis respetos I went to pay my respects presentó su dimisión she handed in o/or submitted her resignation, she resigned pienso presentar una queja I intend filing o/or making a complaint presentaron una denuncia they reported the matter (to the police), they made an official complaint presentar pruebas to present evidence presentar cargos to bring charges presentar una demanda to bring a lawsuit 1.6 [Militar/Military] presentar armas to present arms
- 3 [persona] to introduce el director presentó al conferenciante the director introduced the speaker me presentó a su familia he introduced me to his family te presento a mi hermana I'd like you to meet my sister/this is my sister
- 4 (mostrar, ofrecer) el nuevo modelo presenta algunas novedades the latest model has o/or offers some new features presenta muchas ventajas para el consumidor it offers the consumer many advantages el paciente no presentaba síntomas de intoxicación the patient showed no signs of food poisoning el cadáver presenta un impacto de bala en el costado [formal] there is a bullet wound in the side of the body, the body has a bullet wound in the side
presentarse v pron
- 1 1.1 (en un lugar) to turn up, appear se presentó en casa sin avisar he turned up o showed up o appeared at the house unexpectedly se presentó (como) voluntario he volunteered se presentó voluntariamente a la policía he turned himself in to the police tendrá que presentarse ante el juez he will have to appear before the judge 1.2 (a un concurso, examen) se presentó al examen she took o/or (inglés británico/British English) sat the exam me presenté al concurso I entered the competition se presenta como candidato independiente he's an independent candidate, he's running as an independent (inglés norteamericano/American English) he's standing as an independent (inglés británico/British English) se presentó para el cargo de director he applied for the post of director
- 2 [dificultad/problema] to arise, come up, crop up [familiar/colloquial] estaré allí salvo que se presente algún impedimento I'll be there unless something crops up o/or comes up si se me presenta la oportunidad if I get the opportunity, if the opportunity arises el futuro se presenta prometedor the future looks promising el asunto se presenta muy mal things are looking very bad
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Spain's War of Independence against Napoleon Bonaparte's French occupation was ignited by the popular revolt in Madrid on 2 May 1808 against the French army. With support from the Duke of Wellington, Spanish resistance continued for over five years in a guerra de guerrillas which gave the world the concept and the term guerrilla warfare. The autocratic Fernando VII was restored to the throne in 1814, and his first act was to abolish the progressive Constitution of Cadiz adopted in 1812.