Translation of presumir in English:
- seguro que no es cierto, lo dice para presumirpresumirI'm sure it's not true, she's only saying it to show off o she's just boasting
dealgopresume de guapopresume de sus éxitoshe thinks he's good-lookingpresume de intelectual y es un ignorantehe's always boasting about his conquestsno presumo de saber nada del temahe likes to think he's an intellectual o (inglés británico) he fancies himself as an intellectual, but in fact he doesn't know anythingle encanta presumir de dineroI don't profess to know anything about itshe loves to flash her money around
- se presume una reacción violentaes de presumir que ya habrán llegadoa violent reaction is expectedthere is likely to be a violent reactionpresumo que es una ciudad preciosa, aunque no la conozcopresumably they will have already arrivedera de presumir lo que ocurriríaI imagine it's a lovely city, though I don't know itit was quite predictable what would happen
- Se presumía que pronto iba a obtener su libertad.
- Presumes de inteligente porque estás entrenada para responder como un doberman al ataque.
- Cada fabricante también presume tener baterías de muy larga duración.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.