- 1 1.1 (levantar) to pick up recoge la servilleta pick up the napkin lo recogió del suelo she picked it up off the floor no pienso recoger vuestros trastos I don't intend to pick up your junk o to clear up after you recogía el agua que se salía de la lavadora I was mopping up the water that was coming out of the washing machine recoge estos cristales clear up this broken glass 1.2 [casa/habitación] to straighten (up) (AmE) to tidy (up) (BrE) recoger la mesa to clear the table
- 2 2.1 [dinero/firmas] to collect 2.2 [deberes/cuadernos] to collect, take in recoger la ropa del tendedero to bring the washing in 2.3 [trigo/maíz] to gather in, take in, harvest; [fruta] to pick, harvest; [flores/hongos] to pick, gather no llegó a recoger el fruto de su trabajo he was unable to reap the fruits of his labor 2.4 [tienda de campaña] to take down; [alfombra] to take up; [vela] to take down 2.5 [pelo] le recogió el pelo en una cola he gathered her hair into a ponytail
- 5 (ir a buscar) [persona] to pick up, fetch, collect; [paquete] to collect, pick up [equipaje] [Aviac] to reclaim ¿a qué hora pasan a recoger la basura? what time do they come to take away o collect the garbage (AmE) o (BrE) rubbish? el autobús pasará a recogernos a las ocho the bus will come by to collect us o pick us up at eight ¿puedes recoger el traje del tinte? can you fetch o pick up the suit from the dry-cleaners voy adentro a recoger las maletas I'll go inside and get the suitcases fui a recoger mis cosas I went to get o to pick up my things
- 7 (incluir, registrar) la obra recoge el trasfondo social de aquel momento the work depicts the social context of that time la imagen recoge el momento en que … the picture shows o captures the moment in which … el informe recoge estas últimas estadísticas these latest statistics figure o appear in the report esta acepción no la recoge ningún diccionario this meaning isn't included in o isn't in any dictionary su obra está siendo recogida en cuatro volúmenes his works are being collected for publication in four volumes un espectáculo que recoge tres de sus obras breves a show which brings together three of his short works
recogerse v pron
- 1 1.1 (volver a casa) to go home; (ir a la cama) to go to bed, retire 1.2 (para meditar, rezar) to withdraw
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Churro is a typical Spanish food, consisting of a long thin cylinder of dough, deep-fried in olive oil and often dusted with sugar. Churros are usually eaten with a thick hot drinking chocolate, especially for breakfast.