- 1 [homenaje/tributo] to pay rendían culto a la Virgen de Guadalupe they worshipped the Virgin of Guadalupe le rindieron honores militares he was received with full military honors
- 2 2.1 [Finanzas/Finance] to yield 2.2 (producir) to produce estos campos rinden mucha cebada these fields produce a lot of barley el esfuerzo rindió sus frutos the effort bore fruit o/or produced results
- 3 [persona] me rindió el sueño sleep overcame me, I was overcome by sleep tanto trabajo rinde a cualquiera working that hard is enough to exhaust anyone o/or [familiar/colloquial] to wear anyone out
- 4 4.1 [informe] to present 4.2 (Cono Sur/Southern Cone) [Educación/Education] [examen] to take, sit (inglés británico/British English) tengo que rendir geografía en marzo I have to take the geography exam in March
- 1 (cundir) (+ me/te/le etc) me rindió mucho la mañana I got a lot done this morning, I had a very productive morning trabaja muchas horas pero no le rinde he works hard but he doesn't make much headway o/or he doesn't have much to show for it ¡que te rinda! I hope it goes well, I hope you get a lot done
- 2 [persona] to perform well, get on well no rinde en los estudios he's not getting on o/or performing o/or doing very well at school
rendirse v pron
- 1.1 [Militar/Military] to surrender rendirse al enemigo to surrender to the enemy seguiremos luchando por mejoras salariales, no nos rendiremos we will continue to fight for better wages, we will not give in tuvo que rendirse ante la evidencia she had to bow to o/or accept the evidence 1.2 (en adivinanzas) to give up me rindo, dime dónde lo has escondido I give up, tell me where you've hidden it
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Cortes Generales is the Spanish Parliament, consisting of two houses, the lower house or Congreso de los Diputados and the upper house or Senado. It is a legislative body, approves state budgets, and exercises other powers relating to international treaties and agreements, the autonomous regions and appointments to posts in institutions such as the Tribunal Constitucional.