Translation of rendir in English:
verbo transitivo/transitive verb
- 1 [homenaje/tributo] to pay rendían culto a la Virgen de Guadalupe they worshipped the Virgin of Guadalupe le rindieron honores militares he was received with full military honors
- 2 2.1 [Finanzas] to yield 2.2 (producir) to produce estos campos rinden mucha cebada these fields produce a lot of barley el esfuerzo rindió sus frutos the effort bore fruit o/or produced results
- 3 [persona] me rindió el sueño sleep overcame me, I was overcome by sleep tanto trabajo rinde a cualquiera working that hard is enough to exhaust anyone o/or [familiar/colloquial] to wear anyone out
- 4 4.1 [informe] to present 4.2 (Cono Sur/Southern Cone) [Educación/Education] [examen] to take, sit (inglés británico/British English) tengo que rendir geografía en marzo I have to take the geography exam in March
verbo intransitivo/intransitive verb
- 1 (cundir) (+ me/te/le etc) me rindió mucho la mañana I got a lot done this morning, I had a very productive morning trabaja muchas horas pero no le rinde he works hard but he doesn't make much headway o/or he doesn't have much to show for it ¡que te rinda! I hope it goes well, I hope you get a lot done
- 2 [persona] to perform well, get on well no rinde en los estudios he's not getting on o performing o doing very well at school
verbo pronominal/pronominal verb (rendirse)
- 1.1 [Militar/Military] to surrender rendirse al enemigo to surrender to the enemy seguiremos luchando por mejoras salariales, no nos rendiremos we will continue to fight for better wages, we will not give in tuvo que rendirse ante la evidencia she had to bow to o/or accept the evidence 1.2 (en adivinanzas) to give up me rindo, dime dónde lo has escondido I give up, tell me where you've hidden it
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Havana, Cuba has three daily newspapers. The best known is Granma(www.granma.cubaweb.cu), official newspaper of the Cuban Communist Party. Trabajadores is published by the Cuban trade union movement, and the more lively Juventud Rebelde is aimed at a younger readership.