- Si eso nos hiciera salvos, la Cruz Roja Internacional entera lo sería.
- El ayuno no es en absoluto mandado al hombre para que el hombre fuera salvo.
- Jesucristo, su Señor, desea que todos los hombres sean salvos.
- a salvo (locución adverbial) , consiguió poner los documentos a salvolos niños están a salvoshe managed to put the documents in a safe placeel terremoto no dejó a salvo ni una casathe children are safe o unharmedlos ladrones no dejaron a salvo ni los regalos de bodathe earthquake didn't leave a single house intactlograron ponerse a salvothe burglars didn't even spare the wedding presents→ parte2, → sanothey managed to get themselves to safety o to reach safety
- (excepto) todos estaban presentes salvo el secretariotodos murieron salvo el capitáneveryone was there except o apart from the secretarylas canciones que compiten son bastante malas salvo excepcionesthey all died, except o [literario] save the captainsalvo que no le des más salvo que empeorewith a few exceptions the songs in the competition are pretty poordon't give him any more unless he gets worse
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.