- 1 (indicar) nos señaló la ruta en un mapa she showed us the route o pointed out the route to us on a map me señaló con el dedo qué pasteles quería he pointed out to me which cakes he wanted las manecillas del reloj señalaban las doce the hands of the clock showed twelve
- 2 (marcar) to mark los he señalado con una cruz I've marked them with a cross, I've put a cross by them
- 3 (afirmar) to point out señaló la necesidad de abrir nuevos hospitales she pointed out the need to open new hospitals
- 4 (fijar) [fecha] to fix, set a la hora señalada at the appointed o arranged time señalaron el día 15 como fecha tope they set o fixed the deadline for the 15th en el lugar señalado in the appointed o agreed place
- 5 (anunciar) to mark la llegada de las cigüeñas señala el final del invierno the arrival of the storks marks o signals the end of winter
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Sanfermines (The festival of San Fermín) is from 6th-14th July and el encierro (the 'running of the bulls'), takes place in Pamplona in northern Spain. The animals are released into the barricaded streets and people run in front of them, in honor of the town´s patron saint, San Fermín, who was put to death by being dragged by bulls.