Synonyms of come in English:
- 4.1 come around for a drinkvisit, stop by, drop by/in/over, come over, pop in/over
- the report comes down against a zoning variance in the wetlandsdecide, conclude, settle;choose, opt, plump
come down on
- she came down on him like a ton of bricks See reprimand (verb)
come down to
come down with
- Vera is always the first to come forwardvolunteer, offer one's services, make oneself available
- if you make this meeting come off, you're probably looking at a promotionsucceed, work, turn out well, work out, go as planned, produce the desired result, get results
- 4.1 it will come out all rightend, finish, conclude, work out, turn outinformal pan out
come out with
- 2.1 you came through for ushelp, be there for
come up to
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.