- A system of four basic types (A, AB, B, and O) into which human blood may be classified, based on the presence or absence of certain inherited antigens.More example sentences
- In the ABO system, the surface antigens of the red cells are determined by three genes, A, B, and O.
- Blood groups, which are generally classified by the ABO system (so we are all either A, B, O or AB) differ in their distribution in the world.
- Antibodies with haemolytic properties are common within the ABO system.
More definitions of ABO systemDefinition of ABO system in:
- The British & World English dictionary