not know someone from Adam
- Not know or be completely unable to recognize the person in question.Example sentences
- There's nothing more transparent than a politician smiling and greeting you like a long lost friend when you know well he doesn't know you from Adam.
- If you bank in the high street the person behind the counter doesn't know you from Adam.
- And despite the fact that he doesn't know me from Adam, he is prepared to trust me with all that money.
Definition of Adam in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan