(also Adam's needle-and-thread)
- A frost-hardy yucca native to the eastern US, with long leaves that are edged with white threads.
More example sentences
- Yucca filamentosa, family Agavaceae
- For landlubbers, a hiking trail winds through oak and mesquite forest, punctuated by the occasional Adam's needle cacti.
- The common yucca, Y. filamentosa, is also known as Eve's thread or Adam's needle, since both threads and needles can be made from the leaves.
- There is much confusion regarding how many species of Adam's needle there are.
More definitions of Adam's needleDefinition of Adam's needle in:
- The British & World English dictionary