(also Adam's needle-and-thread)
Definition of Adam's needle in English:
A frost-hardy yucca native to the eastern US, with long leaves that are edged with white threads.
- Yucca filamentosa, family Agavaceae
- For landlubbers, a hiking trail winds through oak and mesquite forest, punctuated by the occasional Adam's needle cacti.
- The common yucca, Y. filamentosa, is also known as Eve's thread or Adam's needle, since both threads and needles can be made from the leaves.
- There is much confusion regarding how many species of Adam's needle there are.
Definition of Adam's needle in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.