(also Adam's needle-and-thread)
Definition of Adam's needle in English:
A frost-hardy yucca native to the eastern US, with long leaves that are edged with white threads.
- Yucca filamentosa, family Agavaceae
- For landlubbers, a hiking trail winds through oak and mesquite forest, punctuated by the occasional Adam's needle cacti.
- The common yucca, Y. filamentosa, is also known as Eve's thread or Adam's needle, since both threads and needles can be made from the leaves.
- There is much confusion regarding how many species of Adam's needle there are.
Definition of Adam's needle in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan