- The highest rank of admiral in the Royal Navy. Compare with Fleet Admiral.More example sentences
- In 1919, Beatty was appointed Admiral of the Fleet - a post he held until 1927.
- He was subsequently appointed Admiral of the Sea Cadet Corps - a position now held by his middle son - Admiral of the Fleet and Captain General of the Royal Marines.
- The new exhibition hall, shaped like a submarine and named after the late Admiral of the Fleet Sir John Fieldhouse, is due to open in July next year.
More definitions of Admiral of the FleetDefinition of Admiral of the Fleet in:
- The British & World English dictionary