- A Hebrew name for God.More example sentences
- In the daily priestly blessing, the Tetragrammaton was vocalized with the vowel points associated with the name Adonai.
- My colleague, Rabbi David Blumenthal, writes, ‘The way to Adonai is not straight, it has ups and down, twists and turns.’
- Still, at other times, like now, I don't feel hypocritical at all talking to Adonai - Elohim and Jehovah.
from Hebrew ῾ăḍōnāy; see also Jehovah.
More definitions of AdonaiDefinition of Adonai in:
- The British & World English dictionary