Definition of African buffalo in English:
A buffalo with large horns, native to Africa south of the Sahara.
- Syncerus caffer, family Bovidae; sometimes considered to be two species, the Cape buffalo and the forest (or dwarf) buffalo
- In spite of all, the African buffalo is actually a placid animal, save when it is injured or at bay.
- The social structure of the African buffalo is rather typical of most other wild cattle species.
- Coupled with the habit of charging en masse, few predators use African buffalo as a regular food source.
Definition of African buffalo in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan