A buffalo with large horns, native to Africa south of the Sahara.
- Syncerus caffer, family Bovidae; sometimes considered to be two species, the Cape buffalo and the forest (or dwarf) buffalo
More example sentences
- In spite of all, the African buffalo is actually a placid animal, save when it is injured or at bay.
- The social structure of the African buffalo is rather typical of most other wild cattle species.
- Coupled with the habit of charging en masse, few predators use African buffalo as a regular food source.
Definition of African buffalo in:
- The British & World English dictionary