Definition of African daisy in English:
A plant of the daisy family, sometimes cultivated for its bright flowers.
- Family Compositae: several genera, in particular Dimorphotheca, Arctotis, and Gerbera
- South African daisies are a great group of plants and dozens of varieties have been developed in Britain recently.
- For a splash of bright yellow or orange choose Gazania Sundance whose blooms look like miniature sunflowers, or the African daisy Arctotis, which comes in white, yellow and blue.
- Groundcovers may include African daisy, trailing gazania or even large-leafed Algerian ivy.
Definition of African daisy in:
- British & World English dictionary