Definition of African elephant in English:
The elephant native to Africa, which is larger than the Indian elephant and has larger ears and a two-lipped trunk.
- Loxodonta africana, family Elephantidae
- The corruption scores were then measured against three well-surveyed components of biodiversity: African elephants, black rhinoceroses, and forest cover.
- The extinct beasts are more closely related to Asian elephants than to African elephants, the researchers found, and the three species diverged within a surprisingly short period of time.
- New DNA research reveals that woolly mammoths were more closely related to modern Asian elephants than to African elephants.
Definition of African elephant in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan