Definition of African violet in English:
A small East African plant with heart-shaped velvety leaves and violet, pink, or white flowers.
- Genus Saintpaulia, family Gesneriaceae: several species, in particular S. ionantha, a popular houseplant
- Fluorescent light gardens are similarly ideal for growing and blooming compact plants like African violets, some orchids, and many other kinds of indoor plants.
- For color and interest, consider adding flowering plants, such as African violets, roses and geraniums.
- But hairy-leaved plants, such as African violets, should just be dusted with a dry feather duster or a makeup brush every once in a while.
Definition of African violet in:
- British & World English dictionary