- The English language as spoken and written in the US.More example sentences
- This derives from Beijing Mandarin and is about as similar to that dialect as American English is to British English.
- When we do read in translation, we are normally reading books translated into standard British English or standard American English.
- The differences in words and meanings of words between British English and American English are a constant source of interest and amusement to me.
More definitions of American EnglishDefinition of American English in:
- The British & World English dictionary