- A type of reed organ resembling the harmonium but in which air is sucked (not blown) through reeds.More example sentences
- ‘American organs’ (which are also made in Europe) have greater stability of tone and pitch, thicker reeds, and sound rather more like a pipe organ, but they are less capable of expression than the harmonium.
- Between the ages of twelve and fifteen I regularly played the American organ and led the singing at the three churches in our village
- There were only two people who pretended not to hear it, the gentleman who played the American organ and the lady who dreamt of going to Warsaw.
More definitions of American organDefinition of American organ in:
- The British & World English dictionary