Definition of Amytal in English:
A barbiturate drug used as a sedative and a hypnotic.
- Alternative name: 5-ethyl-5-isopropylbarbituric acid, or its sodium salt (sodium amytal); chemical formula: C11H18N2O3
- Intravenous sodium amytal (Amytal, Luminal, Nembutal) elicited no benefit, but intravenous zolpidem did.
- Well, I'm going to ask people to take a look at that magazine, because it discusses a drug called sodium amytal, which is a hallucinogenic barbiturate.
- They used a variety of methods, including hypnosis, injections of sodium amytal, guided imagery, dream work, participation in survivor groups, even massage therapy to recover ‘body memories’ of abuse.
Words that rhyme with Amytalcaracal • Nembutal
Definition of Amytal in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.