- Of or relating to the ancient Angles.More example sentences
- Given the survival of the church, there is the possibility of continuity in Conisbrough from the Anglian period, through the Viking Age, to the Norman conquest and beyond.
- Eventually the Romans of the North and the Saxon, or Anglian, incomers coalesced to form a force which succeeded, where Rome had failed, in creating a firm frontier with Scotland.
- The city was, at the time, the capital of the Anglian kingdom of Northumbria, the people of which were engaged in a bitter civil war between King Osbert and his rival Aelle.
More definitions of AnglianDefinition of Anglian in:
- The British & World English dictionary